[Xastir] Xastir Devel Snapshot

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 19:27:48 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Curt, WE7U <archer at eskimo.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Aug 2008, Dexter N Muir wrote:

>> db.o: In function `alert_data_add':
>> /home/dexy/Unzipped/xastir/xastir/src/db.c:1460: undefined reference to
>> `alert_build_list'
>> main.o: In function `UpdateTime':
>> /home/dexy/Unzipped/xastir/xastir/src/main.c:10717: undefined reference
>> to `alert_expire'
>
> Something really strange is going on.  The "alert_*" functions are
> in other Xastir source files (alert.h and alert.c).  You might try
> doing "cvs update -P -d" to make sure you have all of the files.

The one time I tried a CVS install in Mandriva 2008.1, the bootstrap
script didn't work.

6) Removing autom4te.cache directory...
   5) Running aclocal...
./bootstrap.sh: line 16: aclocal: command not found
   4) Running autoheader...
autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.ac
   3) Running autoconf...
configure.ac:19: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
     See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:26: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
configure.ac:249: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_GMTOFF
configure.ac:490: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL
   2) Running automake...
./bootstrap.sh: line 26: automake: command not found
   1) Checking for 'mkinstalldirs'... Found!
Bootstrap complete.

Automake and Autoconf were installed, but perhaps in strange places.
I didn't try to go any further - I ended up downloading a tarball, and
it compiled OK.  Would an incomplete bootstrap cause this latest
strangeness?

Lee