[Xastir] Xastir Devel Snapshot

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 22:20:19 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 4:48 PM, Dexter N Muir <dexy at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi again all...
>
>   It's morning - a fresh new day, a fresh new perspective.  Dunno what
> happened last night, but this morning I checked a few things.
>
>   Found GraphicsMagick still in there.  It really doesn't work as it
> ought - removed it.  bootstrap, configure (now shows ImageMagick), make,
> su, make install, all perfick (forgive me, 'Darling Buds of May'
> quote :-) and whaddaya know - all WORKS!  Raster maps, AND Findu Trails.
>
>   Also note update script change - one of last night's attempts barfed
> on it so I did a 'manual' as above.  While it's all working I'll leave
> it as is...
>
> Thanks all

Glad to hear it's working.  I was going to suggest trying to get
ImageMagick to work - that's what I'm using with Mandriva 2008.1 on
both a virtual machine and a "real" machine.  I recall the same issue
with GM came up in early July when you were working with an earlier
Xastir build.  I'm not sure what the problem is with GM under Mandriva
- at this point I'm just glad there's a choice.

Just found a thread where some Fedora users had a similar problem with
GM.  Below is a snippet.