[Xastir] Seismic event feed?

David djmunn at bigpond.com
Thu Aug 7 00:35:24 EDT 2008

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, Steve Friis wrote:
>
>> When I use Firenet.us:anyport, I get every APRS station in the world.
>> Am I missing something? You guys were trying to get the earthquake
>> data right? or am I a dumbass and totally missing the point...LOL.
>
> The quake data is probably why I was invited into the Firenet group
> in the first place.  I had been injecting it into APRS-IS for a
> while before that.  When Firenet came along I started injecting
> those quakes plus the lower-magnitude quakes as well.  Then fires.
> Then stream gauges.  Then other weather station data.  Then railroad
> engines, then...

Hi.....i get the Quake data via Curt by using the following filter in
the Internet config

roeate.aprs.net:14579

s/alt/Q in the Filter Paramaters

shows up all the Quakes on the world map....
very interesting data too especially the ones in the Indonesia and South
Pacific areas that are close to VK.....

Tnx Curt for the data supply

73 David VK4BDJ