[Xastir] Local Info, repeaters and object.log

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Aug 8 12:28:34 EDT 2008

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008, tom.white at gmail.com wrote:

> This sounds more like something ab9rf is working on, I may run this idea by
> her to see what she thinks of it. She's taking the splat analysis in a
> direction more like what you're talking about - calculating repeater
> coverage by gridsquare using Longley-Rice (sp?) propo

Which repeater coverage?  Voice-FM or Packet-FM?  The two are
different.  Bob Bruninga reduced the size of the PHG circles for
APRS mobiles several years back to more closely reflect real-world
conditions.

I like all of the ideas mentioned by the way, so don't let my little
questions above stop anybody from doing any of it.  Just another
near-factoid to take into consideration.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer