[Xastir] Local Info, repeaters and object.log

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 12:45:14 EDT 2008

--- On Fri, 8/8/08, tom.white at gmail.com  wrote:

> From: tom.white at gmail.com
> Subject: Re: [Xastir] Local Info, repeaters and object.log
> To: xastir at xastir.org
> Date: Friday, August 8, 2008, 12:11 PM
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 11:00 AM,
> <xastir-request at xastir.org> wrote:
>
> > From: Craig Anderson
> > Subject: Re: [Xastir] Local Info, repeaters and
> object.log
> >
> > How about converting the "splat" output from
> each repeater
> > into Multi-line objects that can be injected into an
> Xastir
> > server port.
> >

> Hmm... it's an interesting idea. Currently the splat
> analysis is raster
> data, but I think there is some way to have it calculate
> vector data. Might
> be easier to run the raster analysis through a line tracer.
> I'd love to see
> this done with radar data too.
>
> This sounds more like something ab9rf is working on, I may
> run this idea by
> her to see what she thinks of it. She's taking the
> splat analysis in a
> direction more like what you're talking about -
> calculating repeater
> coverage by gridsquare using Longley-Rice (sp?) propo

If you want vector, why not have Splat output its L-R path-loss contour data into a text file and then do some scripting on that file to generate your contour of interest.  Make the cutoff some dB, plot only up to that dB of loss, then strip out all points nearest that dB in the contour file.  Use the points to generate the multi-line packet showing the region of maximum acceptable loss.