[Xastir] Custom unproto path for Objects/Items

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Feb 12 12:11:09 EST 2008

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008, Joseph M. Durnal wrote:

> I was wondering if it would be possible to add the ability in xastir
> to set custom unproto paths for objects and items?
>
> For example, if I have my TNC interface configuration path for
> WIDE2-2, but I only want the local object to be WIDE2-1, I can't seem
> to do that with most of the APRS clients I've tried.  This could help
> keep objects of local interest from being QRM to surrounding areas.

We have that capability with messages right now.  It would require
changes to the GUI, to the data stored with an object, and to the
object transmit code, so it's non-trivial.

That said, I don't have time to do this right now.  If another
developer wants to pick up on this I'd be glad to help with pointers
as to where to do the work.