[Xastir] WX station question

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Feb 11 16:33:13 EST 2008

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008, Tony Hunt wrote:

> Just a quick question. What options are there to connect a WM918 wx
> station to xastir?
> I see 2 interfaces in the menu. One is serial and the other is Networked.
> Do either of these require drivers or other packages ? I see a mention
> of a wx200 package
> on some sites but perhaps xastir can connect directly to the rs232
> device port and read that.
>
> Ive no experience with this yet but interested in whats been done.

I believe you can do it direct or via the WX200 daemon.

    http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/Major_Features

I wrote the original web page that Wiki page was derived from, and I
went through the sources to figure it out.  Been a while though.

I have a LaCrosse and a Dallas weather station to play with, but no
RS/Oregon Scientific/Huger stations.