[Xastir] Group Messages

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Tue Feb 12 15:52:39 EST 2008

I have used the capability occasionally.

The file is looking for a group name with a possible wildcard (*) on each line.

For example, my file looks like this:
ETNAPRS
SKYMRX
SKYWRN
SPCL
SKY*
BLN*
NWS*
MRX*
CQ
ALL
QST

As such, a message sent to ETNAPRS will pop-up on my display.

I host a Sunday night APRS Net locally and we tried to use this at one point,
but found that the way UI-View handles the messages is odd - I do not recall
the details - as a result, we dropped the use of it (too many UI-View users in
the area).
--
William McKeehan
KI4HDU