[Xastir] WXSVR/NWS bulletins - how's this work? (a little OT)

Joe Veldhuis electrode at garandnet.net
Wed Feb 20 22:22:55 EST 2008

Hello to all -
For the last week, I've been working on a web-based APRS client of sorts. Right now it just plots stations on a map (using Yahoo's map service - much better aerial pics of my area than the more popular Google service) along with whatever info I could glean from the last 48 hours' worth of traffic, though as time goes on I plan to add things like messaging and the ability to create objects, bringing it closer to a full-fledged client.

Anyway, I'm wondering how Xastir's "Fetch NWS Bulletin" button works, as I want to implement the same thing in my app. IIUC, it uses finger, but who is it fingering, and where?

TIA,
-Joe, N8FQ