[Xastir] WXSVR/NWS bulletins - how's this work? (a little OT)

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 11:58:11 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Joe Veldhuis <electrode at garandnet.net>
wrote:

> Hello to all -
> For the last week, I've been working on a web-based APRS client of sorts.
> Right now it just plots stations on a map (using Yahoo's map service - much
> better aerial pics of my area than the more popular Google service) along
> with whatever info I could glean from the last 48 hours' worth of traffic,
> though as time goes on I plan to add things like messaging and the ability
> to create objects, bringing it closer to a full-fledged client.
>
> Anyway, I'm wondering how Xastir's "Fetch NWS Bulletin" button works, as I
> want to implement the same thing in my app. IIUC, it uses finger, but who is
> it fingering, and where?<http://lists.xastir.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/xastir>

Tell you what, why don't you show the Xastir developers how your app works
with Yahoo Maps so they can make Xastir do that, and they can show you how
fetching the NWS data works.   :-)

Oh, that's right, Yahoo may become Micro-hoo, so maybe that's not such a
good idea for Xastir.

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT