[Xastir] Trouble with my KAM+

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Sun Feb 24 20:11:56 EST 2008

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008, Eric Christensen wrote:

> I thought I had Xastir running on my KAM+ many moons ago but today I seem to
> be having a fundamental problem.  I have everything going and I'm receiving
> stations but my TNC will not transmit my position (or anything else that I'm
> aware of).

  Have you eliminated hardware problems? Double-checked the cabling between
your TNC and the radio?  Is the transmitter keying up, but without audio?
Is it not keying at all?  If you unplug the TNC, and plug in the
microphone, can you key the transmitter?
  Try stopping xastir, and bringing up minicom on the serial port where
your TNC is connected (using the -o flag, of course).  Will your TNC &
radio transmit packets when directly commanded?  Are they successfully
decoded by another station?
--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin