[Xastir] Trouble with my KAM+

Eric Christensen eric at christensenplace.us
Sun Feb 24 21:06:07 EST 2008

Rick,
It is definitely something to do with Xastir and how it is talking to
the KAM.  The KAM will properly transmit positions and "relays" when it
is hard coded in the TNC but the KAM doesn't "understand" when Xastir
talks to it.

The log file I tried to send was blocked so I'll paste portions here:
<QUOTE>
AUTOCR 0
AUTOCR was 0
BEACON EVERY 0
BEACON was EVERY 0/EVERY 0
BT %
BTEXT was
CMS DISC
CMSG was DISC/DISC
CONL OFF
CT APRS Network no connected messages supported!
CTEXT was APRS Network no connected messages supported!
ECHO OFF
ECHO was ON
FLOW was OFF
HID was OFF/OFF
MSTAMP was OFF
PASSALL was OFF/OFF
PID was OFF/OFF

W4OTN>APX193,WIDE2-2:=/;ci:;.Vox   XASTIR-Linux
     $
EH?
W4OTN>APX193,WIDE2-2:=/;ci:;.Vox   XASTIR-Linux
     $
EH?
</QUOTE>

So the KAM takes the commands in the tnc-startup file without any
problem but it appears that Xastir isn't putting the TNC in conv mode
before sending the posit.  I say this because the "EH?" response is
indicative to the KAM not understanding a command.  If the posit is
being presented as a command and not as "text to transmit" then the KAM
would respond in this manner.

Eric W4OTN