[Fwd: [Xastir] No xastir executable]

James Jolin jjolin at itol.com
Thu Feb 28 16:32:17 EST 2008

Tom Russo wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 01:30:38PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jjolin at itol.com> flavor, containing:

>>> Well, that's puzzling.  For Xastir to have found 4.4 header files, they have
>>> to be around from somewhere.  Try doing
>>>
>>>   find / -name 'db*.h'
>>>
>>> and see what it comes up with.  It's possible that Xastir's config file is
>>> finding some errant file that isn't part of a package.  Figuring out what
>>> file it's actually using will take some investigating.  You might be able
>>> to figure out what it's found by looking at config.log --- perhaps there are
>>> clues there to how it's located a db.h file and where it lives.
>>>
>>> You can force the issue by giving configure the
>>> --with-bdb-incdir=/path/to/db/headers option: make sure you know where the
>>> good Berkeley DB headers live and then give that path, it won't go searching
>>> and find the wrong one.  But before you do that, you should try to find where
>>> the errant one is coming from and remove whatever package installed it.

Well, I have done some looking around and I really am lost.  That find
command...what goes in where it says name.
I looked in config.log and after about 20 minutes I was only at 19% of
the file.  Looks like it would take quite awhile before I got to the end.
Would I be better off starting from scratch?  I don't have as much time
as I would like to work on this, so I'm looking for a easier/faster way.
Jim