[Xastir] new Qt license and xastir v2

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 19:41:12 EST 2008

On Jan 19, 2008 4:36 PM, Brad Douglas <rez at touchofmadness.com> wrote:

> I would highly recommend using a wxPython GUI approach.

I tried wxSomethingorother and it wouldn't compile out of the tarball on
Solaris or Mac OS X as best I recall.  I was totally unimpressed.

IMO, among the goals should be increased portability and increased
performance.  I think wxPython would be sub-optimal on both counts. I have
spoken to software engineers that use Qt, and they love it.

If any headway is to be made on establishing a windows install base, it's
gonna have to be easy to install.  I didn't have any noticeable trouble with
Cygwin or VMware, but typical windows users are not sophisticated enough to
handle it.

Whether or not making headway on a windows install base should be any sort
of priority I'll leave to others.

-Jason
kg4wsv