[Xastir] XASTIR SERVER AND COM PORTS FOR MULTIPLE COMPUTERS

vic ke4lkq at doramefa.us
Sun Jan 20 11:20:35 EST 2008

It would be nice if Xastir would provide whatever data you wanted via the "server port" supplied.  However one would have to chose between multiple sets of data collected and it would have to be specified.

Here is how I do it for the weather between 4 different programsused on 3 dirrent computers I use simultaniously.

Install TCPCOM on the computer used for the direct input from the WX station.
Configure a TCP server port and number in TCPCOM for serving the serial input from the WX station
Install TCPCOM on each of the other computers.
Configure a virtual serial com port on each of the client computers pointed at the server.
Attach the end user program to the virtual com port on each of the client computers.
TCPCOM is not cheap but 100% reliable and will serve and collect everything you can throw at it with zero failures.

Maybe there are low cost server client programs out there that will do the same thing but I have no luck finding any.  If ther are cheaper ways to do this I would appreciate knowing about them.

Thanks

--
vic <ke4lkq at doramefa.us>