[Xastir] Xastir, eee PC and a Garmin USB GPS?

Richard Polivka r.polivka at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 21 11:50:04 EST 2008

Serial/USB converters have vendor/product ID's. If the converter that is being used for the GPS dongle does not register, no comms will take place.

Best place to check to see if your system is recognizing the unit is to plug it in and do a "dmesg" and see if the system creates the serial port. If not, then it will take a kernel hack, and I can't remember the module, to install the id's.

73,

Richard, N6NKO

"William M. Bickley" <bickley at baybroadband.net> wrote: Is that a combo which will work?  I just purchased GPSGate to work with
the USB GPS on Windows programs, but I don't see a Linux equivalent, and
I really want to get this new laptop up and running with Xastir.

Can do?

Bill