[Xastir] Xastir, eee PC and a Garmin USB GPS?

Dan Zubey daz at pobox.com
Mon Jan 21 12:12:51 EST 2008

You do want to use GPSd with Xastir, that'll come close to what you're
looking for.

I don't know if the USB GPS will work with the stock linux install on
the eee, but in any case, you're better off with a serial GPS and a good
serial/USB connector.

The thing to do is open up a terminal, plug the GPS in, and do a 'dmesg'
to see what device the GPS shows up as. Then you can configure GPSd for
that device, and tell Xastir to use GPSd.

-Dan N7NMD