[Xastir] Fedora Wiki, possible tweak

Richard Polivka r.polivka at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 23 10:17:53 EST 2008

Gerry,

I get it to play by hacking the src/Makefile for compiler option "-I/usr/include/libgeotiff". I believe that you may be hanging on a file that it can't find "xtiffio" or something like that (overloaded brain cell at the moment, courtesy of the salt mines).

When the configure script is running, it is not putting in this library for some reason. Maybe a configure guru can enlighten us on this part.

73 from 807,

Richard, N6NKO

Gerry Creager <gerry.creager at tamu.edu> wrote: FWIW, if one were to do a 'yum install pcre-devel' it'd also install the
base RPM.

NOW: For you Fedora gurus, I've run into a problem with 1.9.2 stable on
Fedora 7.  Won't compile with geotiff enabled and with:
rpm -qa|grep -i geotiff
libgeotiff-devel-1.2.4-0.3.rc1.fc7
libgeotiff-1.2.4-0.3.rc1.fc7

Right now, I'm up with 'configure --without-geotiff' but that's
obviously not the best way to go.  I mean, really: This is Xastir and we
want it all!

gerry