[Xastir] Can't compile Xastir

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Jan 23 18:12:44 EST 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 11:13:56PM +0100, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <s57lx at hamradio.si> flavor, containing:
> Hi!
>
> I think I had a very similar problem as I have today, because I can't
> compile the newest Xastir development.

Just looked --- you asked about this before:
http://lists.xastir.org/pipermail/xastir/2007-September/012826.html

I'd come up with the same conclusion then and asked you to identify your
Magick version, but I don't see any response in the archives.

This time, though, I'm pretty certain the issue is that you have a version of
Magick that is compiled with UseHDRI, and there is simply no way that Xastir
is going to work with that version, because too much of the code assumes that
the red, green, and blue pixel values are always an integer of some type, and
it uses them for things like offsets into arrays and so forth.  Changing it
all to work with floating point RGB values will be a substantial change.

Your best bet is to find a version of Magick that isn't built with HDRI support.
The other machines you've mentioned that work with xastir clearly have such
a version installed.