[Xastir] Black jpg maps.

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Jul 5 13:15:03 EDT 2008

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Jul 2008, Mitch wrote:
>
>> Installed June 26 2008 version of XASTIR 1.9.3, it compiled OK with
>> GraphicsMagick.
>>
>> It seems it cannot handle *.jpg correctly. The X server has been set to 16
>> bit colour as suggested in the FAQ.
>
> Black images are an indication that the *Magick package wasn't
> compiled with the correct options.

For anyone who really cares, the correct option during
GraphicsMagick configure is:

     --with-quantum-depth=16

If the package maintainers didn't specify that during the configure
stage it defaults to "8" which results in the black images being
rendered in Xastir.

If you forget the details in the future, remember the
xastir/scripts/LSB-BUILD-GRAPHICSMAGICK script.  You'll see the
above configure option plainly listed.

ImageMagick is probably similar since GM is a fork of the IM code.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer