[Xastir] maps, loading

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jul 8 11:18:28 EDT 2008

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008, John wrote:

> I have xastir installed and I have an Icon displayed but no maps.
> The online maps do not display and I have not been able to display
> maps from map dirrectory.  What have I done wrong?  I am using
> Linux Xandros.

Tell us:

Did you compile Xastir from sources or install an Xastir binary?
That tells us whether somebody else made all the library/helper-app
choices and you might be missing some, or whether you made the
choices.  It also directs our path a bit as to a possible set of
solutions.

Is anything displayed in the Xterm that you start Xastir from?  If
you're not starting it from an Xterm, try it now so that you can see
the text.

In the startup text, does it mention either "curl" or "wget"?  Does
it mention either GraphicsMagick or ImageMagick?  Does it say that
internet maps are enabled?

What does your LANG variable say ("echo $LANG")?  Try setting it to
"C" and then running Xastir in that shell.  This sets up the C
library read/write functions so they operate properly for our
config files and such.  If you're running a BASH shell, type:

     export LANG=C

Did you reindex your maps?

     Map->Configure->INDEX: Reindex ALL Maps

Anything I'm forgetting?