[Xastir] maps, loading

John wilder at spitfire.net
Wed Jul 9 08:40:29 EDT 2008

Thank you much for helping:
I installed with apt-get install exastir

Built-in map types:
    gnis    usgs    gns    Datapoints
    map    aprsdoc Maps
    map    WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
    pcb    packetAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
    geo    Image map (ImageMagric Libary, many formats allowed)
    geo    URL (internet maps viaLibcurl libary)
    shp    ESRI    Shapfile maps (Shapfile Libary)
fistival_client: connect to server failed
saytext: Coundn't open socket to Festival
Found an existing lockfile /var/lock/LCK..ttyso for this port
Loc is stale! removing it.
    interface error! Error openning interface 0 Hard Fail
( I have a gps enabled hence the error on comm 1)

FROM /home/user/xasitr
export LANG=C ( no echo of results)
map->Configure->INDEX: Reindex ALL MAPS  ( configure-: Permission denied)