[Xastir] Mandriva 2008.1

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 23:39:28 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Lee Bengston <lee.bengston at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another option is to switch to GraphicsMagick.  Your
> note says no RPM, but I am seeing them when I search
> with the package manager.  I'll look into GraphicsMagick
> and send a separate message on what I find there.

Dexter,

Using the package manager, it found the following graphicsmagick RPM's.

graphicsmagick  (version 1.1.10)
libgraphicsmagick-devel   (v1.1.10)
libgraphicsmagick1   (v1.1.10)

Hopfully the screenshot of the configured repositories I sent you
directly will help you get to the graphicsmagick packages.

I installed all 3 of the above with ImageMagick already installed, and
configured using the July 7th Xastir Development tarball.  Xastir
picks GM over IM if both are installed.  I did have to install an
additional package that is not in the HowTo, which is xfontsel
(version 1.0.2).  I encountered a Make error without it.

Anyway, I'm thinking installing graphicmagick may be the easiest way
forward to get around your imagemagick problem.  My new compilation of
the July 7th tarball seems to be fine with GM in Mandriva 2008.1.

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT