[Xastir] Mandriva 2008.1

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Jul 11 01:48:30 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 12:33:04AM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <lee.bengston at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> Dexter,
>
> As it turned out, Mandriva 2008.1 puts the imagemagick api.h file,
> etc. in /usr/include/ImageMagick/magick when evidently the standard
> place is /usr/include/magick.

Magick-config is *supposed* to tell configure that, and Xastir's configure
uses "Magick-config --cppflags" to find those headers.  That it can't
suggests that Magick-config is lying, or there is something else wrong.

What is the output of "Magick-config --cppflags"?  On your system it sounds
like it *SHOULD* be "-I/usr/include/ImageMagick"  Sounds like it isn't.  If
not, that would be an error in the installation of ImageMagick.  As in, the
packager built the thing to install into /usr/include/magick and then moved it
all after building it to someplace else, without updating Magick-config.

On my system Magic-config --cppflags gives:

  -I/usr/local/include/ImageMagick

which tells configure to look exactly in the directory where my system has
those things installed.

Try looking through config.log to see what is actually happening there.
Configure's console output is not helpful, but config.log is the one that
has the details of what actually happened during the probe.

If Magick-config --cppflags does return "-I/usr/include/ImageMagick" then
the error isn't in the packaging of ImageMagick, and the only way to get to
the bottom of this is to figure out why configure isn't finding it --- and
that can only be done by examining config.log.

 "It's so simple to be wise: just think of something stupid to say and
  then don't say it."  --- Sam Levinson