[Xastir] Mandriva 2008.1

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 08:43:10 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 1:48 AM, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 12:33:04AM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <lee.bengston at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
>> Dexter,
>>
>> As it turned out, Mandriva 2008.1 puts the imagemagick api.h file,
>> etc. in /usr/include/ImageMagick/magick when evidently the standard
>> place is /usr/include/magick.
>
> Magick-config is *supposed* to tell configure that, and Xastir's configure
> uses "Magick-config --cppflags" to find those headers.  That it can't
> suggests that Magick-config is lying, or there is something else wrong.
>
> What is the output of "Magick-config --cppflags"?  On your system it sounds
> like it *SHOULD* be "-I/usr/include/ImageMagick"  Sounds like it isn't.  If
> not, that would be an error in the installation of ImageMagick.  As in, the
> packager built the thing to install into /usr/include/magick and then moved it
> all after building it to someplace else, without updating Magick-config.
>
> On my system Magic-config --cppflags gives:
>
>  -I/usr/local/include/ImageMagick
>
> which tells configure to look exactly in the directory where my system has
> those things installed.

[user1 at localhost ~]$ Magick-config --cppflags
-pthread -DORBIT2=1 -I/usr/include/librsvg-2
-I/usr/include/gnome-vfs-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/include
-I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
-I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/gconf/2 -I/usr/include/orbit-2.0
-I/usr/include/graphviz -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include
-I/usr/include/libxml2

Doesn't appear to look right, does it?  Unfortunately this is all I
have time to do until this evening.

Thanks,
Lee