[Xastir] Mandriva 2008.1

Dexter N Muir dexy at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jul 11 04:54:55 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 01:48 -0400, xastir-request at xastir.org wrote:
> Message: 6
> Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 00:33:04 -0400
> From: "Lee Bengston" <lee.bengston at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Xastir] Mandriva 2008.1
> To: "Xastir - APRS client software discussion" <xastir at xastir.org>
>
> Dexter,
>
> As it turned out, Mandriva 2008.1 puts the imagemagick api.h file,
> etc. in /usr/include/ImageMagick/magick when evidently the standard
> place is /usr/include/magick.
>
> I got the same configure error you did, but I solved it by copying the
> magick directory under /usr/include/ImageMagick to /usr/include - thus
> giving me a standard /usr/include/magick for the configure script to
> find.

   Tried - found some but still doesn't work...

> Below is the result.

checking for GraphicsMagick-config... no
checking for Magick-config... /usr/bin/Magick-config
checking magick/api.h usability... yes
checking magick/api.h presence... yes
checking for magick/api.h... yes
checking for WriteImage in -lMagick... no
configure: WARNING: *** Cannot find ImageMagick library files:  Building
w/o ImageMagick support. ***

> Lee - K5DAT
> Murphy, TX
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 23:48:30 -0600
> From: Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org>
> Subject: Re: [Xastir] Mandriva 2008.1
> To: Xastir - APRS client software discussion <xastir at xastir.org>
>
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 12:33:04AM -0400, we recorded a
> bogon-computron collision of the <lee.bengston at gmail.com> flavor,
> containing:
> > Dexter,
> >
> > As it turned out, Mandriva 2008.1 puts the imagemagick api.h file,
> > etc. in /usr/include/ImageMagick/magick when evidently the standard
> > place is /usr/include/magick.
>
> Magick-config is *supposed* to tell configure that, and Xastir's
> configure
> uses "Magick-config --cppflags" to find those headers.  That it can't
> suggests that Magick-config is lying, or there is something else
> wrong.
>
> What is the output of "Magick-config --cppflags"?  On your system it
> sounds
> like it *SHOULD* be "-I/usr/include/ImageMagick"  Sounds like it
> isn't.  If
> not, that would be an error in the installation of ImageMagick.  As
> in, the
> packager built the thing to install into /usr/include/magick and then
> moved it
> all after building it to someplace else, without updating
> Magick-config.
>
> On my system Magic-config --cppflags gives:
>
>   -I/usr/local/include/ImageMagick

   Not here...

> which tells configure to look exactly in the directory where my system
> has
> those things installed.
>
> Try looking through config.log to see what is actually happening
> there.
> Configure's console output is not helpful, but config.log is the one
> that
> has the details of what actually happened during the probe.
>
> If Magick-config --cppflags does return "-I/usr/include/ImageMagick"
> then
> the error isn't in the packaging of ImageMagick, and the only way to
> get to
> the bottom of this is to figure out why configure isn't finding it ---
> and
> that can only be done by examining config.log.

  config.log extract too big for list, will send private - you can quote
relevant sections as required.

--
Dexter N Muir <dexy at ihug.co.nz>
smallTRONICS