[Xastir] Mandriva 2008.1

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Fri Jul 11 08:49:53 EDT 2008

Hi Dexter,

On 11/07/2008, at 6:54 PM, Dexter N Muir wrote:

> checking for WriteImage in -lMagick... no
> configure: WARNING: *** Cannot find ImageMagick library files:
> Building
> w/o ImageMagick support. ***

I just run into that same problem trying to compile 1.9.2 under Mac OS
X using MacPorts.  In some recent ImageMagick release they changed the
library from libMagick to libMagicCore which stuffs the check in
configure.

It looks like Tom checked in a fix a couple of months ago which will
be in 1.9.4.

The fix is here;

http://xastir.cvs.sourceforge.net/xastir/xastir/acinclude.m4?r1=1.77&r2=1.78

or for a quick nasty fix you can edit the file "acinclude.m4" and change

AC_CHECK_LIB([Magick], [WriteImage],

AC_CHECK_LIB([MagickCore], [WriteImage],

at line 492, then rerun bootstrap.sh, configure and so on.

Or you could try the current development version.

Carl.
(vk1kcm)