[Xastir] Mandriva 2008.1

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Jul 11 18:06:29 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 10:49:53PM +1000, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <carl at stagecraft.cx> flavor, containing:
> Hi Dexter,
>
> On 11/07/2008, at 6:54 PM, Dexter N Muir wrote:
>
> > checking for WriteImage in -lMagick... no
> > configure: WARNING: *** Cannot find ImageMagick library files:
> > Building
> > w/o ImageMagick support. ***
>
> I just run into that same problem trying to compile 1.9.2 under Mac OS
> X using MacPorts.  In some recent ImageMagick release they changed the
> library from libMagick to libMagicCore which stuffs the check in
> configure.
>
> It looks like Tom checked in a fix a couple of months ago which will
> be in 1.9.4.
>
> The fix is here;
>
> http://xastir.cvs.sourceforge.net/xastir/xastir/acinclude.m4?r1=1.77&r2=1.78
>
> or for a quick nasty fix you can edit the file "acinclude.m4" and change
>
> AC_CHECK_LIB([Magick], [WriteImage],

> AC_CHECK_LIB([MagickCore], [WriteImage],

Or better yet, to the same thing that the commit did:

AC_SEARCH_LIBS([WriteImage],[Magick MagickCore],

which looks for WriteImage first in the libraries that are already in LIBS
(which should already have the right thing).  Only if that fails it will
check in libMagick and libMagickCore for the WriteImage routine.

configure is already running Magick-config --libs to get the -L and -l
parameters needed to link in ImageMagick, and the probe should only do
something if Magick-config is lying (which it may well be, given the output
of Magick-config --cppflags).

 "Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours."  -- R. Bach