[Xastir] Mandriva 2008.1

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 11:53:22 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 3:17 AM, Dexter N Muir <dexy at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 12:00 -0400, xastir-request at xastir.org wrote:
>> Message: 3
>> Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 22:49:53 +1000
>> From: Carl Makin <carl at stagecraft.cx>
>> Subject: Re: [Xastir] Mandriva 2008.1
>> To: dexy at ihug.co.nz,    Xastir - APRS client software discussion
>>         <xastir at xastir.org>
>>
>> Hi Dexter,
>>
>> On 11/07/2008, at 6:54 PM, Dexter N Muir wrote:
>>
>> > checking for WriteImage in -lMagick... no
>> > configure: WARNING: *** Cannot find ImageMagick library files:
>> > Building
>> > w/o ImageMagick support. ***
>>
>> I just run into that same problem trying to compile 1.9.2 under Mac
>> OS
>> X using MacPorts.  In some recent ImageMagick release they changed
>> the
>> library from libMagick to libMagicCore which stuffs the check in
>> configure.
>>
>> It looks like Tom checked in a fix a couple of months ago which will
>> be in 1.9.4.
>>
>> The fix is here;
>>
>> http://xastir.cvs.sourceforge.net/xastir/xastir/acinclude.m4?r1=1.77&r2=1.78

>> Or you could try the current development version.
>>

>   Works!  Thanks Carl!  And thanks to Tom and Lee too - learned a lot!
>

> Meanwhile...
>
> Dex, ZL2DEX, now with a functioning xastir!

Hey Dexter, glad to hear it's up and running!  Our struggles
eventually reeled in the real gurus :-)

I also see now why I didn't experience the final problem on the VM.
The first time around I missed this line in Carl's message:

>> Or you could try the current development version.

I was using the current development version!  Checked the file, and
Tom's fix is indeed in there.

73
Lee - K5DAT