[Xastir] Tiger 2007 shapefile issue...a beaut

Richard Polivka, N6NKO r.polivka at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 13 09:06:46 EDT 2008

I admit that one point does not make a trend but what I found was
eyeopening.

I wanted just Fond du Lac county in Wisconsin to use as a base map for
mapping project that I am working on ( a Boy Scout campground). I pulled
in my files into QGIS and then brought in  "fe_2007_55039_edges". I did
not get Fond du Lac County but a huge overview of north Illinois,
Indiana and SE Michigan. OUCH!!!

I even went and downloaded a virgin fileset and got the same results
(see picture).

55039.png
This is not good. I plan on sending on a comment to the Census Bureau.

So, let the user beware - YMMV.

73 from 807,

Richard, N6NKO