[Xastir] Tiger 2007 shapefile issue...a beaut

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sun Jul 13 20:06:20 EDT 2008

Now decorrelate the GPGLL sentences from the 4-hr test by decimating to
30- or 60-second intervals.  Decorrelation really does help.

Average, then use a least-squares method to determine residual error.

I don't use choke-rings or ground planes when doing kinematic work.  We
do make sure the antenna is aligned to N when we do it, though, as
pattern will affect results.

Finnegan's Finagiling Factor (also called "bias" in literature) has
saved my butt a bunch of times in the field.  I do a version of that in
post-processing, too, but the whole procedure is best described in a
journal article or over a beer.  Or both.