[Xastir] What am I missing here?

Dexter N Muir dexy at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jul 25 04:57:57 EDT 2008

Hi all

   Now that I have some pretty pictures on screen, I'd like to do a few
things with them that a previos install was capable of doing.  Can't
seem to get the right configuration.

   First, I notice things staying on screen for a
veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long time - like 10 hours!  ISS and other
satellites for instance are mostly only overhead for 10 minutes or so,
and within reasonable field of interest for 30 mins - why so long on
screen?  Can't find a menu item to decrease persistence.

   Next, while searching for said menu item, discovered
File/Configure/Timing.  It has 13 sliders, and NONE of them has any text
as a label to say what it's supposed to do.  Is what I'm looking for
somewhere in there?  Why no labels?  I even re-compiled - still no
labels.  Help!

   Next, and this one's perplexing - no trails on mobiles.  I used to
watch a school bus each morning and evening.  It still does its rounds,
but no coloured line to show where it has been.  Used to do it, now
doesn't.

   While searching menus for something concerning trails, found
Station/Fetch Findu Trail.  It does nothing at all.  Should it?  Should
I configure something else first?

   Hope some kind soul can shed some light here...

73 de ZL2DEX
--
Dexter N Muir <dexy at ihug.co.nz>
smallTRONICS