[Xastir] newbie help - Ahhh.... figured it out (maps)!

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Jul 26 02:00:30 EDT 2008

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008, Ken Bessler wrote:

> I managed to figure out the maps: after selecting a map you need
> to hit the properties button and, like in the interface dialog, turn the
> map ON....... D'oh!!

Nope.  Sounds like maybe you turned on Automaps.  Turn that off.
It's an OLD feature from before we had map levels and such.

Instead leave it off and select maps in the Map Chooser.  You don't
have to go to the Map Properties dialog unless you want to do fairly
advanced map stackups.

Also remember to only turn on one type of raster-format map at a
time, unless you set them up to be enabled at different map levels.
Raster maps on top of raster maps don't work:  You only see the last
one loaded.  Vector on vector or vector on raster work great.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer