[Xastir] newbie help

Ken Bessler kg0wx at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 25 11:27:22 EDT 2008

> In xastir
>
> Interface -> Interface Control -> Add -> AX25 TNC
>
> Should do it.
>
> John

Maybe I'm dumb, but do I just name the interface "1k2" or do
I name it "1k2 speed 1200"?

Also, I'm worried about my soundmodem start script:

/usr/sbin/soundmodem /etc/ax25/soundmodem.conf -R -M>/dev/null 2>/dev/null&
sleep 1
/sbin/ifconfig sm0 hw ax25 kg0wx-1 up
sleep 1
/sbin/route add -host 44.94.11.8 dev sm0

I manually enter these commands after every boot. I got them off a
website but I can no longer find the site. I suspect the "/dev/null" and
the "host 44.94.11.8" may be wrong. I will make a script for them after
I'm sure they work. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help, John!