[Xastir] newbie help

John Ronan jronan at tssg.org
Fri Jul 25 11:56:08 EDT 2008

On 25 Jul 2008, at 16:27, Ken Bessler wrote:

>> In xastir
>>
>> Interface -> Interface Control -> Add -> AX25 TNC
>>
>> Should do it.
>>
>> John
>
> Maybe I'm dumb, but do I just name the interface "1k2" or do
> I name it "1k2 speed 1200"?

hmmm not sure.. and not at home.. you have to use (in xastir) the
same name as what is in the axports file
> Also, I'm worried about my soundmodem start script:
>
> /usr/sbin/soundmodem /etc/ax25/soundmodem.conf -R -M>/dev/null 2>/
> dev/null&
> sleep 1
> /sbin/ifconfig sm0 hw ax25 kg0wx-1 up
> sleep 1
> /sbin/route add -host 44.94.11.8 dev sm0
>
> I manually enter these commands after every boot. I got them off a
> website but I can no longer find the site. I suspect the "/dev/
> null" and
> the "host 44.94.11.8" may be wrong. I will make a script for them
> after
> I'm sure they work. Any ideas?
/dev/null only dumps the output from soundmodem..... no biggie..
the route command will be specific to your local ip network, so if
your not using IP.. I'm not sure it will matter that much.

I've not used soundmodem in a while myself.. so I'm a bit hazy on
this stuff.. apologies.

John