[Xastir] Font error during compile

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Fri Jul 25 17:47:44 EDT 2008

> Tom, look a little farther up in the output for an error that indicates that an

Thanks for the idea. I found this a little farther up:

Fri Jul 25 14:19:13 PDT 2008
cd . && /bin/bash /home/xubuntu/src/XASTIR/xastir/missing --run autoheader
autom4te: cannot open autom4te.cache/requests: Permission denied
autoheader: '/usr/bin/autom4te' failed with exit status: 1
make: *** [config.h.in] Error 1

I investigated and found a bunch of files in the source directory
owned by root. Whoever configured this virtual machine must have been
a little sudo-happy ;-). I chowned everything back to xubuntu:xubuntu
and the update/install went fine.

Thanks for the heads up about looking back up the screen. I assumed it
failed immediately upon an error, so all I wound find above was
successful output. I have much to learn!

Now time to get this Windows garbage off my desk and back into the SAR
comm trailer where it belongs...

Tom KD7LXL