[Xastir] Little red arrow?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Jul 25 21:01:30 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 07:58:05PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <kg0wx at hotmail.com> flavor, containing:

> Sorry if this is a dumb question:
>
> In xastir's main screen, on the lower right hand corner (not in the map area),
> I have 4 colored "buttons" surrounding a red flashing arrow (points left). The
> buttons are green or blue and don't seem to change but the little flashing red
> arrow has me worried.

Each colored button represents one of your interfaces.  A green box below them
indicates the interface is active, a red box below indicates it has an error
condition.  A flashing red arrow indicates traffic on that interface  and
the direction of the arrow indicates whether it's incoming or outgoing
traffic.

This is explained in the Help->Help Index->Bottom Status Bar help file.

 "Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours."  -- R. Bach