[Xastir] What am I missing here?

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 21:40:24 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dexter, your reply was to me directly and I don't know the answer, so
> I'll send this back to the list...
>
> On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 6:59 PM, Dexter N Muir <dexy at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>   With previous issue of ImageMagick, now OpenMotif giving difficulties
>> - could be a need for a Wiki entry?  or update in sources?

OpenSUSE and Mandriva are the two distributions I have encountered
that have openMotif version 2.3 in their repositories, which has the
bug.  As Jason said, it's a Motif issue, so there's nothing to be done
in Xastir.  The HowTo sections in the Wiki for both openSUSE 10.2 and
Mandriva 2007.1/2008.0 document installing the older version of
openMotif.  Newer versions of SUSE and Mandriva can use the same
documentation as high level guides to accomplish the same thing.
Mandriva is a bit easier because it has the older version in its
repositories, so it's just a matter of grabbing the right rpm's via
the package manager.

Lee