[Xastir] Re: After the reinstall.. (was: Quickly Closes)

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Jul 26 11:23:45 EDT 2008

The address you sent this from isn't subscribed to the mailing list.

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> In order to debug this problem, I did as Curt suggested and tried to run
> Xastir with xastir -v 2047 &, I did this after deleting map_index.sys. It
> came up, reindex all the maps (a long process) and seemed OK. So I closed it
> down and tried to reopen it and it still won't stay open. So I reinstalled
> v1.9.3 from the latest build and the install finished great. However when I
> try to launch Xastir it still won't stay open, below is the last part of the
> log from this last attempt.
>
> It appears to me the problem might be in one of the interface definitions but
> I don't know where those are kept so I'm not sure what to do. Again I need
> someone who can help me debug this problem. I run MacBook Pro with 4gb of
> RAM, on OS X 10.5.4

> *** Done with WX Alert log files
> 	ENOENT ERROR
> Sat Jul 26 09:47:34 CDT 2008:
> 	Interface Error!  Error opening interface 4 Hard Fail
>
> 	ENOENT ERROR
> Sat Jul 26 09:47:34 CDT 2008:
> 	Interface Error!  Error opening interface 7 Hard Fail
>
> 	ENOENT ERROR
> Sat Jul 26 09:47:34 CDT 2008:
> 	Interface Error!  Error opening interface 8 Hard Fail

I sent this to you before:

Perhaps you set some interface(s) to "Active on startup" but have
devices unplugged from USB ports?  If that's the trouble you can
plug in those same devices to the same ports, or you can edit
~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf to find DEVICE0_ONSTARTUP:
(DEVICE1_ONSTARTUP:, DEVICE2_ONSTARTUP:, etc) and change the number
on the end to a '0'.

> draw_rotated_label_text: Couldn't get font ?
> X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
> operation)

Another section of xastir.cnf contains fonts.  It's possible that
one or more of these don't exist on your system.  Try "xfontsel" and
select each of the fonts listed in your config file to see which
one's don't work, then edit your config file so that it contains
fonts that you have.

The font stuff is relatively new and unfortunately there's no
perfect way of starting with fonts that everyone has.  Every system
seems to have a different collection of fonts.

Look for these:

     MAPS_LABEL_FONT_*
     SYSTEM_FIXED_FONT
     STATION_FONT