[Xastir] GPS questions

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 09:23:03 EDT 2008

got a couple of GPS questions.  fair warning, I'm still at 1.8.5 and
1.9.1 on my machines.

How does xastir behave if there are multiple GPS interfaces active?
Any problems?

There is code to create waypoints i nthe GPS, but a quick hookup
between an internet-only feed and my Garmin MAP60 didn't result in any
waypoints.  The Garmin is configured correctly, as my D7 plots
waypoints no problem.

I did peruse the code a bit (db.c), and it almost looks like the
waypoint code is buried behind a proximity alert message:

            /* check ranges */
            if ((distance > atof(prox_min)) && (distance <
atof(prox_max)) && sound_play_prox_message) {
                xastir_snprintf(station_id, sizeof(station_id), "%s <
%.3f %s",p_station->call_sign, distance,

english_units?langcode("UNIOP00004"):langcode("UNIOP00005"));
                statusline(station_id,0);
                play_sound(sound_command,sound_prox_message);
                /*fprintf(stderr,"%s> PROX distance
%f\n",p_station->call_sign, distance);*/

            //fprintf(stderr,"Station within proximity circle,
creating waypoint\n");
            create_garmin_waypoint(p_station->coord_lat,p_station->coord_lon,p_station->call_sign);

            }

clues?

--
-Jason