[Xastir] GPS questions

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Jul 27 12:53:07 EDT 2008

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

> got a couple of GPS questions.  fair warning, I'm still at 1.8.5 and
> 1.9.1 on my machines.
>
> How does xastir behave if there are multiple GPS interfaces active?
> Any problems?

It will probably keep shifting your position a bit as it decodes one
and then the other.  If you've told Xastir that you're a mobile
station then it might cause trouble as it toggles between the two.
SmartBeaconing will get confused and perhaps cause a lot of
transmits if you have it enabled.

> I did peruse the code a bit (db.c), and it almost looks like the
> waypoint code is buried behind a proximity alert message:

Yes.  That's so you don't try to send 30,000 waypoint messages to
your GPS.  You can set the size of the proximity circle so that you
only send nearby stations to it.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer