[Xastir] Error upgrading from 1.7.1 to 1.9.2

Nick nwsnowboarder at verizon.net
Sun Jul 27 12:51:23 EDT 2008

I decided to upgrade from 1.7.1 to 1.9.2 and got the following error:

Bootstrap complete.
bash-3.2$ ./configure
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk

Configuring xastir 1.9.2

checking build system type... i686-apple-darwin9.4.0
checking host system type... i686-apple-darwin9.4.0
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
bash-3.2$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
bash-3.2$

I looked for the config.log file, but the only one I could find are for
the last time I installed which was the Fall of '07.

The only thing I am doing out of the ordinary is I created a new
directory xastir-1.9.2, rather than xastir so I didn't write over my
working copy.

I would apreciate any help, oh, I am on a MacBookPro running OSX 10.5

Cheers & '73
Nick
KC7RGL