[Xastir] Objects issue?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jul 28 23:04:52 EDT 2008

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Patrick Domack wrote:

> The issue is (I believe) since I am using the same from callsign in xastir
> and beacon cause it's the ax25 default for the kiss port, I think xastir
> object functions sees it and is attempting to take control of it, cause once
> xaster first sees this packet, I start getting the following transmitted, and
> in xastir it's listed under my objects:

Yes.  Xastir will definitely do that.  When you create an object or
item in Xastir you create the transmit string and it gets
transmitted plus looped back through and decoded.  In the decoding
process it gets added as one of your objects and is set up to be
retransmitted periodically.

If you create the packet externally it doesn't know or care and
still adopts the object as its own if you use the same callsign.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer