[Xastir] Objects issue?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Jul 29 00:19:48 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 11:28:32PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <patrickdk at patrickdk.com> flavor, containing:
> I was using the latest snapshot from sourceforge. I haven't used the
> other development snapshots before this one.
>
> I'll give cvs a try as soon as I have some time.
>
> Any idea where to look in the source for the incoming object recording
> *feature*, so I can manually hack it out on my build?

This isn't an "object recording *feature*" --- it's how Xastir gets its
own objects into its database.  You can't hack it out without disabling
xastir's ability to generate and transmit objects.

When xastir generates its objects, it simply sends them to all interfaces
including its "loopback" interface.  Upon receipt, the object is processed
and entered into the database.

All objects from its own call sign are treated as its own objects, and
are therefore subject to being transmitted as its own objects.

Your only option to get your TNC to beacon without Xastir retransmitting
those objects would be to disable object transmission in xastir altogether
(in the "Interface" menu).  Then it'd still receive those objects, but
would not transmit them.  It would also not be able to transmit any other
objects you might try to create.

 "Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours."  -- R. Bach