[Xastir] Objects issue?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jul 29 00:23:35 EDT 2008

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Patrick Domack wrote:

> Any idea where to look in the source for the incoming object recording
> *feature*, so I can manually hack it out on my build?

Well, if you hack out that feature you're likely to disable
reception of anybody's objects or items, and unlikely to see and/or
retransmit periodically any of your objects/items.

Thinking about it a bit more:  I suppose you could look at db.c.
That's where the initial decoding gets done, then it branches off to
other routines for more specific decoding.  A note at the top says
this:

// NOTE:  decode_info_field() is a good place to start for decoding.

So I'd start there, then look for object/item decoding routines that
get called from there.  A likely thing to do would be to check when
decoding an object/item to see what interface it came in on (whether
loopback or a real interface).  If not the loopback interface,
refuse to accept it as our own.

If you come up with something good for a fix, send it our way.  If
you have further questions, send them our way too.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer