[Xastir] Font troubles

Chip Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Wed Jul 30 17:58:55 EDT 2008

Is it possible to have the installer check which fonts are available
and then modify the new config file? Alternatively is it possible for
Xastir to check to see if the font is valid and if not then either
select one that is valid? Seems like there ought to be a way to make
this smoother when installing the first time. I must admit that it
worked flawlessly for me.

On Jul 29, 2008, at 00:29, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> I knew the font stuff might cause problems.  The reason is that
> there is no "standard" font, so if I choose anything at all it
> won't work for some people.  Unfortunately I had to choose something.
>
> Here's what I would suggest.  Kill Xastir.  Edit the ~/.xastir/
> config/xastir.cnf file to change the fonts it is using to something
> that your system has.  You can play with "xfontsel" to decide on
> some fonts to try.
>
> Once you get those fonts into the config file, start Xastir up
> again and see if it's happy.

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn