[Xastir] Xastir and maps lockup - found part of problem

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jul 31 15:28:50 EDT 2008

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, Alex Carver wrote:

> So I poked around and apparently what happened was that Xastir
> used up all the free RAM in the system.  Killing off the process
> releases almost 30 MB of  RAM.  The system has 512 MB total, with
> Xastir freshly restarted there's 28 MB free.

> Top showed Xastir as the largest memory footprint in the system
> when it got stuck.  Barely any CPU was being used but quite a bit
> of RAM.

If you're using ImageMagick, try GraphicsMagick.  If GM, try IM.
One of those is likely the culprit.

> Any ideas why the memory consumption would keep creeping up with
> the GIF raster map?

If it's a radar map or otherwise refreshed image, any memory leak
inherent in the system will be increased each 10 minutes or so,
whatever the refresh rate is in the .geo file.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer