[Xastir] Lockups on a fresh system

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jun 4 19:40:47 EDT 2008

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008, Alex Carver wrote:

> My mouse wasn't working correctly on my AMD K6 Xastir system so I
> decided to flush the whole thing and reload Debian Etch on there
> (which is what was there before but gpm was being weird).  The
> only thing I kept from the old system were all my maps and
> customized config files.  The rest is new.

I've seen GPM mess with stuff before and so killed it.  GPM is only
needed when you're running in text mode and want to do mouse
cut/paste operations.  Not needed if you're running X.

> I'm noticing, however, that Xastir is locking up after a period of
> time and it seems to be doing it during a map reload.
> Specifically it's locking up when I download a radar image from
> the NWS.  Works fine for a while and then it just stops
> responding.

Check DNS:  /etc/resolv.conf

Does it lock up if you're using local maps?

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer