[Xastir] Lockups on a fresh system

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 21:40:29 EDT 2008

--- On Wed, 6/4/08, Curt, WE7U  wrote:

> I've seen GPM mess with stuff before and so killed it.
> GPM is only
> needed when you're running in text mode and want to do
> mouse
> cut/paste operations.  Not needed if you're running X.

Yeah, it's not running anymore but there were quite a few other things acting up so it was just easier to wipe the machine and start from scratch.

> Check DNS:  /etc/resolv.conf
>
> Does it lock up if you're using local maps?

I have my DNS servers programmed in there and the package manager doesn't complain a bit about failing to resolve anything.  I'll turn off the radar map and see what happens.  The only remote maps I have are two radar maps with zoom levels set so only one or the other shows up.  Both are now off for now.