[Xastir] New Xastir virtual machine with Xubuntu 8.04 available.

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Jun 11 17:42:50 EDT 2008

Thanks to the enthusiasm of Lee Bengston, there is a new pre-built Xastir
virtual machine running the latest version of Xubuntu (Ubuntu with the
lightweight Xfce desktop) available.

Lee was motivated to create the machine and sent it to me for testing, and
I updated it with the very latest VMware tools available in VMware Workstation.
This means that as of this new virtual machine, it is no longer necessary to
do strange things to get the desktop resized to match your window --- the
newest VMware tools "autofit" the desktop to whatever window you have as soon
as you log in to the VM.  Thereafter, it will autofit again if you resize the
window.  This takes at least a little hassle out of using it.

Thanks once again to Jason Winningham and John Ronan, this VM zipfile is
available for download from a site on either side of the Atlantic.

Please visit <http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:VMware> for
download locations and instructions on how to use the virtual machine.

 "It's so simple to be wise: just think of something stupid to say and
  then don't say it."  --- Sam Levinson